-
January 13th, 2005, 01:38 PM
#21
Inactive Member
I'm going to chime in a bit finally, cause I love you, Brian.
I know you've taken a drastic hit to your income, but you aren't the first person to have that happen to them. I've been laid off before or had companies go under that I worked for. Sure you only make a percent of what you did before, but it's still probably more than some members of this board. And believe me it's probably better than the humiliation of filling out the forms at unemployment like I've had to do before.
The only thing that's going to work is saying, " I'm not going to fucking take this anymore."
Take charge of your life. Readjust your lifestyle. Do volunteer work if a real job would cut into the money you receive.
The main thing is what happened ISN'T YOUR FAULT !! But what happens to you in the face of all of this is.
-
January 13th, 2005, 01:39 PM
#22
Inactive Member
My father always told me good goalies make there luck.
Get in the net brotha! Cause you're a great goalie!
-
January 13th, 2005, 08:22 PM
#23
Inactive Member
Glad to see the other homies making the same point....you create your own luck.
My friend was sure it would rain on his wedding day, even though we had nice weather the whole month. It rained over 5" on his day...like a monsoon...I asked him if he was happy now.
-
January 13th, 2005, 08:45 PM
#24
Inactive Member
You know Brian, I have not had nearly the bad luck you have had in the last year, but I have had some doozies... and I didn't feel right about sharing them here (sorry guys). Anyways, long story short, I am taking action on it & have an appointment with my very first therapist tomorrow morning.
We are all here for you, that is true... but when you are going through it, only you know how it feels. Judgements get clouded & priorities get confused. I personally feel very alone even when I am in a crowded space.
Basically what I am saying is you should look into some sort of help.
Love ya like a brother, Chaser...
-
January 13th, 2005, 09:01 PM
#25
Inactive Member
You have some good friends here Brian.
-
January 13th, 2005, 09:52 PM
#26
Inactive Member
at the risk of sounding stupid... what they said.
and that comes from the heart! (the very stupid heart)
-
January 13th, 2005, 10:05 PM
#27
Inactive Member
Chaser, I know how you feel, been down that road many times myself. Just remember that you always got your family and those few friends, and that's sometimes is what it's all about. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Your daughter is fine, thankfully... and the Firebird can always be replaced. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks